The Lake Land College Field House has been the home of the Lakers for more than three decades. Erected in 1974, the field house (a.k.a. "The Dome") has provided community fun and excitement for Mattoon, IL and the surrounding area. The seating capacity is 800, but has seen many competitions where numbers have exceeded nearly 1000 during a rival game like Parkland College (Champaign, IL).
In the summer of 2009, the field house was newly renovated with the addition of more energy efficient lighting and a Geo-Thermal heating and cooling system, which was a part of the college's 5-year capitol project for the entire campus.
In addition to energy-saving face-lift, the field house has its own Hall of Fame, which began in 2004 with its first induction class that was led by legendary Laker basketball great Rex Morgan. It also dawns the All-American and Championship banners of all of the Laker athletes for individual and team achievements dating back to 1969 and Lake Land College's first All-American hardwood hero Mahlon Sanders. Another part of the success of Laker teams in the field house is the support of community businesses and leaders who participate in the sponsor's banner program, which has provided financial support to the athletic department for many many years.
The field house has a lot of history and a tremendous family atmosphere. It provides the Lakers with an incredible "home-court" advantage, which has allowed past and present Laker basketball programs to enjoy incredible success.