Lake Land College’s Adult Ed enrolling for fall semester
July 23, 2014
The Lake Land College Adult Education Center has moved from its former location, 1617 Lake Land Blvd., Mattoon, to a new location at the college’s Workforce Development Center, 305 Richmond Avenue East, Mattoon.
With classes beginning August 25, it’s not too late to register! The Adult Education Center offers local GED courses in your community and a variety of workforce training including health sciences, manufacturing skills and college preparation.
Adult Education courses are offered in two, eight-week modules in Arthur, Charleston, Effingham, Marshall, Mattoon, Pana, Paris and Shelbyville. Mod I classes run from Aug. 25 – Oct. 16 and Mod II classes run from Oct. 20 – Dec. 11. Orientation begins Aug. 18.
Adult Education classes for the fall semester are as follows:
• In Arthur GED classes will be held Tuesday and Wednesday from 4-8 p.m.
• In Shelbyville, GED classes will be held Monday and Wednesday from 4-8 p.m.
• In Effingham, GED classes will be held Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. until noon and Monday and Wednesday from 4-8 p.m.
• In Marshall, GED classes will be held Monday and Wednesday 4-8 p.m.
• In Mattoon, a Fast Track GED course will meet Monday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. until noon; on Tuesday and Thursday basic nursing assistant classes will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon; on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Evidence Based Reading Instruction (ERBI)/GED classes will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon and on Tuesday and Thursday from 4-8 p.m. ERBI classes are designed for students who are lower level readers.
• In Pana, GED classes will be offered from 4-8 p.m. and meeting days will be determined closer to the start date of the course.
• In Paris, GED classes will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. until noon and again from 4-8 p.m.
For more information, call the Adult Education Center at 217-238-8292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.