Lake Land College offers electronics recycling at Energy Innovation Conference
February 7, 2014
Lake Land College is hosting an electronics recycling event at the upcoming Energy Innovation Conference, scheduled for Wednesday, March 5 at the West Building on campus.
All electronics will be accepted from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. just outside of the main entrance to the West Building.
Items that cannot be accepted include: hazardous or radioactive materials, non-electronics, corrosive material, compressed gas cylinders, flammable materials, refrigerants, PCBs and explosives. Electronic recycling is free and open to the public. Electronics recycling is being offered through Com2Recycling of Charleston.
The Energy Innovation Conference covers a wide array of topics including geothermal heating, solar and wind energy, technician and job training, sustainable industry information and projections, bio-mass, sustainability and green businesses. Conference topics are designed to meet the interests of contractors, educators, business owners, facility managers and farmers. The conference is free and open to the public.
The keynote speaker for the upcoming conference is actor, director and environmentalist, Ed Begley Jr. Begley is currently one of the hottest speakers on eco-living in America. His theme, Live Simply So That Others Can Simply Live, has been received by standing ovations at over 200 events in just the last four years, with over 40 bookings completed in 2012 and 2013-to-date. His empowering and humorous message on sustainable living includes:
• How he began his 42-year eco-journey in 1970, including humorous stories about his first electric car and his first attempt at composting
• "Everything I have done for the 'environment' has also been good for my 'pocketbook'"
• "Start with the little things - you don't "run" up Mt. Everest!"
• The success in California to clean up the smog - it didn't hurt business... the economy thrived!
• Global climate change, pollution, dependency on Mid-East oil - these are "challenges" that can be overcome!
• Products and services that he has used that work!
• "Our planet is an asset with value – let's not treat it like a "going-out-of-business" sale!"
Advanced registration for the conference is underway. To register for the conference in advance, visit www.energyconf.org. Registration on the day of the conference will open at 7:45 a.m. with presentations running from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Additionally, the conference is still accepting registration for session presenters and conference vendors. To register as a presenter or demonstrator, at no cost, contact David Turnbull at (217) 234-5419. If you could like to feature your company or organization as a vendor at the conference, contact Adra Baldwin at (217) 234-5057 or register for free by clicking on the sponsor/vendor tab on the conference website.
For more information about the conference, visit www.energyconf.org, or for general inquiries regarding vendors and presenters, email email@example.com. For more information about recycling electronics, contact Jeff White at (217) 234-5418.
Send this article to a friend