Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this August
The Lake Land College office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of August. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Discover your body and voice as performing instruments! Acting Fundamentals will meet Wednesday August 21 – October 9 in Mattoon at the Luther Student Center Theatre, from 6:30 – 8 p.m. Students ages 12 -17 register in section CE-ARTS199-30826, and those 18 and above, register in section CNC026-27497. The class will be taught by Earl Halbe. The cost of the class is $62.50.
• Develop respect for yourself and others, improve flexibility, and increase muscle strength. Martial Arts: Tae Kwon Do for students ages seven through adult will meet Monday and Thursday Aug. 22 – Dec. 9 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. in Mattoon at the Burgess Osborne Auditorium. Adults register in section CNC-017-16066 and students ages 17 and under register in CE-SPRT106-30798. The cost of the class is $125.80. The instructor is Master Kevin Roberts.
Little Tiger Tae Kwon Do is open for students ages four through six. It will meet Mondays and Thursdays, Aug. 22 – Dec. 9 from 5- 6 p.m. in Mattoon at Burgess Osborne Auditorium. The cost of the class is $125.80 and the instructor is Master Kevin Roberts.
• Increase your self-control and gain self confidence in Martial Arts Next Level. Students must have at least six months prior training and have a Green Belt or above to take this class. Class CNC-020-16212 will meet on Tuesdays from Aug. 27 – Dec. 10 in Mattoon at the Burgess Osborne Auditorium from 6 – 7:30 p.m. Master Kevin Roberts, who is a fifth Degree Black Belt with 35 years of experience, will be the instructor. The cost of the class is $125.80. For students 17 and under, please register in section CE-RECR202-30799.
• Martial Arts: Karate for ages eight to adult will meet at the Effingham Academy of Gymnastics from 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. with instructors William and David Shuler. Students ages 17 and under register for section CE-SPRT106-30910. Adults register in CNC-017-16065. The cost of the class is $102.80.
• Little Dragon Karate is an introduction to Karate for ages children ages five through seven. Learn Karate techniques, principles, and do fun activities. Section CE-SPRT103-30796 will meet on Thursdays from Aug. 22 – Dec. 5 from 5:30- 6:30 p.m. at the Effingham Academy of Gymnastics. The instructors are William and David Shuler. Both have third degree black belts and have 18 years of experience. They instruct in the Okinawan style of Shudokan and are part of the C and S Self Defense Association. The cost of the class is $102.80.
• Have a special event in your life that involves dancing? Need some one-on-one instruction? Sign up for Dance: Private Group Lessons. The lessons will be taught by Cheryl and Scott Sweet by appointment during the fall semester, which runs from Aug. 22 – Dec. 8. One person from the group (limit 8 people) must register and be responsible for payment. The cost of the class is $95 per hour.
For more information, or for an enrollment form, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs, at 217-234-5219. To register online using a VISA/MC/Discover, go to www.lakeland.cc.il.us/learn and choose the course number desired. To register by phone for courses which begin with CE call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434.You will be sent a statement for payment. The drop date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Send this article to a friend