IDOT QC/QA Training would like to take this opportunity to remind you of some policies and procedures, as well as point out a few changes which have been made.
- The Bureau of Materials and Physical Research will no longer provide the Concrete Tester Course to industry personnel. This course will now be provided, on an as needed basis, by Lake Land College to companies at the location of their choice. The course fee is $105 per student and will require a minimum of 15 students per class.
- All registrations for the Portland Cement Concrete Level I Course will be made through Lake Land College. This course will be offered only for students needing ACI certification and IDOT certification. ACI recertification and ACI retests must be scheduled through Universal Construction Testing by calling 1-855-560-CERT. IDOT retests must be scheduled through Lake Land College. Students who posses a current ACI card and wish to get their IDOT certification need to register through Lake Land College for CET 035, PCC Level I - IDOT only.
- Training classes are held at the locations listed below, however, all reservations must be made through Kathy Willenborg at (217) 234-5285.
- Lake Land College - West Bldg, 5001 Lake Land Blvd, Mattoon, IL
- Chicago Testing Laboratory, 18000 S. Williams St., Thornton, IL
- Chicago Testing Laboratory, 30 W 114 Butterfield Road, Warrenville, IL
- IDOT District One - Materials Laboratory, 101 W. Center, Schaumburg, IL
- Holiday Inn Express, 1550 E. Dundee Rd., Palatine, IL
- Courses that involve a lab will have a weight limit minimum restriction of 50 lbs or a doctor’s excuse must be given to the instructor prior to the course.
- To be PCC Level II certified, three (3) classes must be passed:
Until all three classes are passed, your PCC Level II certificate will be held by Lake Land College. However, the classes do not need to be taken in any particular order.
- Aggregates – either Mixture Aggregates Technician or Aggregate Technician
- PCC I/IDOT/ACI
- PCC Level II
- To be PCC Level I certified, both IDOT and ACI, in its entirety, must be passed.
- We are offering a Mixture Aggregate Technician Upgrade course for those students who currently are Mixture Aggregate Technician certified and want to become Aggregate Technician certified. It will be a 2-Day course (CET 027).
Reservations must be made by contacting Kathy Willenborg at:
Lake Land College
5001 Lake Land Blvd.
Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
Phone: (217) 234-5285
Reservations cannot be made online, via email, or by fax