Student's Role in Service Provision
In order to receive academic support services, the student must take responsibility in the following ways:
- Notify the Counselor/Coordinator of Student Accommodations of his/her disability
- Complete an application for support services and provide appropriate documentation of a disability.
- Request accommodations within a reasonable timeframe as outlined in the section on Academic Support Services. Some services may not be available at the beginning of the semester if sufficient notice is not given.
- Discuss requested accommodations with instructors as necessary. Although a student's instructors will automatically receive an accommodation notice, the instructor will assume that the student does not require accommodations for his/her particular course unless the student specifically requests an accommodation.
- Contact the Counselor/Coordinator of Student Accommodations regarding academic difficulties and with questions or concerns regarding services.
For additional information please contact the Counselor/Coordinator of Student Accommodations at 217/234-5259 or email Jordan Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org