Disability Information, Classroom Tips & Accommodations
ADD/ADHD Classroom Tips
- Seat student in quiet area of the classroom.
- Seat student near a good role model or a "study buddy".
- Increase distance between desks.
- Allow extra time for assigned work on tests.
- Give assignments one at a time to avoid work overload.
- Pair written instructions with oral instructions.
- Provide peer assistance in notetaking.
- Frequently compliment positive work behavior and work product.
- Review instructions when giving new assignments to make sure student comprehends directions.
- Look for opportunities for student to display a leadership role in class.
- Conference frequently with student to discuss achievements in class and provide immediate feedback.
- Allow student to tape record assignments and homework.
- Encourage cooperative learning tasks with other students.
For additional information please contact the Counselor/Coordinator of Student Accommodations at 217/234-5259 or email Jordan Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org