Thank you for your interest in applying for an ambassador position for the 2013-2014 school year!
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on August 24, 2012. Interviews must also be scheduled by this time.
Please review the series of tabs below to learn more about the Lake Land College Student Ambassadors. It is also helpful to review the application checklist that is provided in the Student Ambassador Links section of this site. When you are ready to apply, please make sure to carefully fill out all the tabs before submitting. It is important to note this site does not allow you to save the application and return to it later, so all submissions are final.
You must schedule an interview along with submitting your application. Personal interviews will be conducted August 27-29 in the South Conference Room of Neal Hall. Schedule the interview by calling Lisa at (217) 234-5254 or stopping by Luther Student Center #028 (in the Admissions Wing) and signing up for a time.
If you have any questions or would like a printed copy of this application, please contact:
Hint: Need assistance with your application? Career Services is here to help! http://www.lakeland.cc.il.us/ss/cs/
Who are Lake Land College Student Ambassadors? Student Ambassadors are a group of Lake Land College students who are selected to serve as official college representatives at events such as college fairs and high school visits. In addition, Ambassadors conduct campus tours and assist with special functions sponsored by the college. Being a Student Ambassador is a challenging job, but it is a prestigious organization to join! You will meet new friends, gain leadership skills, and build your résumé at the same time!
Special Privileges and Activities
- Students who will be enrolled on campus at least half-time for both the fall and spring semesters during the year of application.
- Applicants must have a Lake Land College cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 as calculated by the college.
- Each student will receive official Lake Land College Student Ambassador apparel.
- Ambassadors get to take part in specific social activities and trips exclusively for the team members only.
- Ambassadors that complete requirements will receive a $500 scholarship from Lake Land College for their year of service. The scholarship will be made in two payments: $250 for the fall semester and $250 for the spring semester.
- An award will be presented at the end of the year to the ambassador who has shown outstanding efforts in promotion, recruitment, and service.
- Participate in extensive training sessions.
- Participate in mandatory functions, please see dates under the “Mandatory Dates and Submission” tab.
- Attend regularly scheduled weekly meeting on Wednesdays or as otherwise announced. Ambassador meetings should take precedence over other club meetings.
- Serve as an official representative of Lake Land College at career fairs, high school visits, and other events that involve student recruitment.
- Conduct campus tours.
- Assist with student registration during the fall and spring semesters.
- Participate in telephone and letter writing campaigns.
- Remain at least a half-time student during fall and spring semesters.
- Complete at least 10 credits of activities each semester.
Please use bullet points to list the following activities.
Presentation – to be completed during the interview portion
Being a Student Ambassador requires a lot of public speaking. Along with submitting your application and scheduling your interview, potential Student Ambassadors must prepare a short presentation to give to the interview committee. The presentation should be based off the following information. However, participants are allowed to be creative with their presentations so that their personality shines through! Make sure to practice before the interview.
Instructions: Please use the following information to create a short presentation about yourself, you may use all or some of the questions. Have fun and be creative! During your interview, you will be expected to conduct this presentation in front of the panel of interviewers.
- Hello! My name is _____________________________
- I am from _____________________________
- I am a freshman/sophomore here at Lake Land College
- I am majoring in _____________________________
- I decided on this major because_____________________________
- I selected Lake Land College because it is _____________________________
- After graduation I hope to _____________________________
- In 5 years, my accomplishments might include _____________________________
- Finally, one unique thing about me is _____________________________
Please note you do not need to fill out this information and submit it. This is provided to help guide your presentation.
I understand that serving as a Student Ambassador requires a commitment of one year. I further understand that I will be required to sign the Student Ambassador Code of Conduct (see the Code of Conduct under the Student Ambassador Links section on the upper right hand corner of this site), attend training sessions, and college related activities throughout the year. Current mandatory dates are as follows:
- Informational meeting – 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 5, Webb Hall 081
- Training – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 12, Webb Hall 081
- Training – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sept. 27, various locations
- Career Day – 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Oct. 2, on campus
- Discover Day – 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Nov. 2, on campus
- Spring Discover Day – TBA
- Student Recognition Banquet – Held each spring TBA
- (dates subject to change)
The names of the 2012-2013 Student Ambassador Team will be posted in Laker Point on Tuesday, Sept. 4 and at www.lakelandcollege.edu and www.facebook.com/lakelandcollege.
With this understanding, I submit my application to interview for a position as a 2012 - 2013 Lake Land College Student Ambassador.