- Maintain normal eye contact.
- Establish a give-and-take conversation.
- Don’t interrupt or monopolize the conversation.
- Shake hands.
- Say thank you.
- Don’t sit down until the interviewer does.
Be on time.
- You should arrive ten minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Have copies of your resume and references ready.
- Have your portfolio ready with examples of your work and accomplishments.
- Make sure you have done your research on the position and the company.
- Never exaggerate or lie about your qualifications.
- Confess to areas where your knowledge is limited and then tell the employer how you plan to take corrective action.
- Help the interviewer by keeping your information relevant to the task at hand.
- Be prepared with several questions you can ask about the position and the company.
- Asking questions indicates you are interested, eager, and willing to do the job.