What is physical wellness
A person who achieves physical wellness has established healthy habits and behaviors such as getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly, and receives regular medical care. Holding yourself responsible for your habits and behaviors is the first step to physical wellness. Understanding & respecting your body will help you reach a higher level of health.
What you can do to achieve Physical Wellness...
- Eat breakfast
- Establish good sleep habits
- Manage your stress
- Perform monthly testicular or breast exams
- Exercise regularly
- Practice safe & responsible sex
- Listen to your body
- Use seats belts & helmets
- Don't smoke
- Use alcohol in moderation
- Use the student fitness center for FREE!
- Enroll in the physical fitness course
- Play intramurals
- Visit Health Services for information about healthy lifestyles
- Get your teeth cleaned for $10 at the Dental Hygiene clinic
- Participate in athletics