Why do I need academic advisement Re-admit or Transfer Degree Seeking Students - Lake Land College, Mattoon Illinois

Why do I need academic advisement?

Re-admit or Transfer Degree-Seeking Students

  • Choose your classes for the upcoming semester.
  • Use your program description in the college catalog to determine which classes you need.
  • Send official transcripts from other colleges or universities you have attended (if any).
  • Complete a transcript evaluation if you are transferring credits from another institution to Lake Land College.
  • Conduct a degree audit on IRIS to confirm which classes you need.
  • Contact an academic counselor for course approval and registration clearance. Click here for contact information.
  • When you contact an academic counselor have the following information available:
    • Your degree audit
    • Your preferred class list
    • Questions regarding your major, classes, transfer or other issues.

For more information regarding the entire enrollment process click here:





Lake Land College
5001 Lake Land Blvd.
Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
(217) 234-LAKE

Community Locations:
Eastern Region Center - Marshall, IL
Kluthe Center for Higher Education & Technology - Effingham, IL
Western Region Center - Pana, IL
Workforce Development Center - Mattoon, IL

College Closing Policy
Employment at LLC
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Media Room
Career Services
Student Handbook and Right to Know Information

Supporting our Veterans
Give a Gift
Higher Learning Commission 
                    Mark of Affiliation