Online @ LLC > Tutorials > Student Email > Viewing Mail
Using the Toolbar
- Creating New Messages – Click to create new messages. Click the down pointed arrow next to the New message icon to create a new calendar, task, or note item.
- Filter Messages – Click the down pointed arrow next to Messages in the Blue area to filter messages in the Inbox or currently displayed folder.
- Move/Copy – Select the desired email in the inbox or currently displayed folder and click Move/Copy icon. The Move/Copy dialog box will appear. Select the folder to move or copy the e-mail to and click OK.
- Delete - Select the desired email in the inbox or currently displayed folder and click Delete icon.
- Reply - Select the desired email in the inbox you wish to reply to and click the Reply icon.
- Reply to All - Select the desired email in the inbox you wish to reply to and click the Reply icon. This option will send your reply to all the people who receive the message to which you are replying.
- Forward – Select the desired email in the inbox you wish to forward to another person and click the Forward icon. The email will display in a new window. Click the To… button to select a contact from the Global Address List or your Contacts.
- Show/Hide Reading Pane – Change the viewing properties of the reading pane.
- Check for New Messages – Click to display new messages from the server.
- Search – Click to search for email or other information from your account. The Search box will appear. Define your search and click Find Now.
- Address Book – Click to bring up the Find Names dialog box. Locate someone from the Global Address List or your contacts.
- Navigation Arrows – Use the arrow buttons to navigate messages in your inbox.
- Log Off – Click to log off your email account. Be sure to close the browser after logging off.
- Update All Folders – Click this icon to update mail in all folders.
- Show/Hide Folders – Click to show or hide the folders
- Open/Close Folder – Click the plus sign icon to open the folder. Click the minus sign to close a folder.
- Enlarge Button Bar/Shrink Button Bar – Click the bar to enlarge the button bar or click again to shrink the button bar.
- Options – Click to view e-mail options
- New Mail Notice – Will display when new mail is available.
Viewing the Inbox and Messages
The inbox (Figure 3) will display with a list of messages above or to the left of the viewing pane. Below are some viewing tips.
- Click a message once to display in the reading pane.
- Double click a message to view in a new window.
- The Inbox and Viewing Pane frames can be enlarged or reduced in screen size. Hover the mouse over the edge between the Inbox and Reading Pane until it becomes a double-pointed arrow. Click and drag the Inbox or Reading Pane until you are satisfied with viewing size of the frame.