Online @ LLC > Tutorials > Student Email > Using the Calendar
Using the Calendar
By default the Calendar view opens in the Daily view. The Calendar can also be viewed in Weekly and Monthly. On the toolbar, click the desired view to display. The current view is highlighted in yellow on the toolbar (Figure 1). A small monthly calendar will display to the right on the screen. Click the arrows at the top of small calendar to go back and forth to other months.
- New Calendar Appointment – Click to create a calendar appointment.
- Print – Print Current view of the calendar.
- Delete – Delete selected appointment.
- Calendar Views – Toggle between Day, Week, and Month views.
- Check for New Messages – Updates Inbox with new messages.
- Search – Search e-mail account.
- View Reminders – Click to view upcoming appointments.
- Address Book – Click to open the Find Names dialog box.
Creating a New Appointment
Follow the steps below to create a new appointment in the Calendar.
- Click on the Calendar button (Figure 2) in the left Navigation Pane to display Calendar View.
- Click New on the toolbar.
- The Appointment dialog box (Figure 3) will appear in a new window. Next to Subject: and Location:, type the name and location of the appointment. Click the drop down menus next Start time: and End time: to select the start and end time of the appointment.
- Click Save and Close when done. The new appointment will display on the calendar. To reopen the appointment, double click the appointment on the calendar.