Online @ LLC > Tutorials > Word > Inserting images in Word
Inserting Images in Word
- Go to Insert > Picture > Clipart... (other options are available. See below)
- The Navigational Pane will display on right side of the Word screen.
- In the box under Search for:, type keywords in the search box (ex. computer)
- Under Search in:, Use the drop down menus to choose which collections to search. All are selected by default. Remove the checkmark to deselect a collection.
- Under Results should be:, use the drop down menu to select which media types to find. All are selected by default. Remove the checkmark to deselect a media type.
- Click Go when ready.
- Results will display in the Navigational Pane.
- To insert the image in the document, double click the desired image. The image will display in the document. To edit the clipart, go to Format > Format Picture... This will display the Format Picture dialog box.
Other options available from the Insert > Picture menu are:
- From File... - Opens the Insert Picture dialog box allowing you to navigate the file located on your computer.
- From Scanner or Camera... - Opens the Insert Picture from Scanner or Camera dialog box. This option will only work if a digital camera or scanner is connected to the computer.
- New Drawing - This will display the Drawing Canvas. Use the tools on the Drawing Toolbar to create a drawing.
- Autoshapes - This will display the AutoShapes floating palette. Select the desired AutoShape and draw it on the Drawing Canvas.
- WordArt... - This will display the WordArt Gallery. Select the desired style and the Edit WordArt Text dialog box will display. Edit the text as desired and click OK. The WordArt will display in the document. Use the WordArt floating palette to make changes to the WordArt.
- Organization Chart - This will display a new organization chart and the Organization chart floating palette. Type desired text in each box and create new boxes with the floating palette.
- Chart - This will display a new datasheet. Type data in the spaces provided. Click the X in right hand corner to close. Select elements of the chart and use the menu to make changes to the chart.