Online @ LLC > Tutorials > PowerPoint Tutorials > Adding Flash (SWF files)
Adding Flash movie to a Presentation
It is easy to add a Flash movie to a PowerPoint presentation. Create a Flash movie and put the published file (.swf) in the same directory as your PowerPoint presentation.
- Adding Flash to a PowerPoint XP Presentation is quite easy. Choose the slide you want the Flash movie to be on. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox
- On the Control Toolbox, click the button on bottom right hand side with the hammer and wrench on it. Scroll down the list of control until Shockwave Flash Object and select it.
- It looks like nothing happen but what you need to do now is draw a box on the slide where the Flash movie will appear. The slide should have a box with an x on it and look similar to the one below.
- Right click on the box and go to Properties.
- In the Properties Dialog Box, select Movie and click in the box next to it and type the name of Flash movie.
- Be sure the published Flash movie file (.swf) is in the same directory as your PowerPoint presentation. Click on the Slide Show button to view the slide with the Flash movie on it. It should play the movie. To view the movie again, right click the movie on the slide and click Rewind. To advance forward to the next slide click the button on the lower left hand side of the screen and choose next slide.