Online @ LLC > Tutorials > PowerPoint Tutorials > Burning a CD
Burning a CD from PowerPoint
New feature in PowerPoint 2003! In the 2003 version of PowerPoint a copy of the presentation can be burned to a CD directly from PowerPoint. All associated files of the presentation and a copy of the PowerPoint Viewer will be added to the CD. The PowerPoint viewer will allow the presentation to viewed on computers that do not have PowerPoint.
- Open the presentation you wish to burn to a CD.
- Make any edits needed and save again. Once the presentation is on the CD it will be read only.
- Go to File > Package for CD...
- Type a name for the CD in the box next Name of CD:.
- Click Add Files... button if desired to add other files to the CD. The Add Files dialog box will appear. Navigate to the files you wish to add and select them and click Add.
- Click Options... The Options dialog box will appear. Make sure the boxes next to PowerPoint Viewer, Linked files, Embedded TrueType fonts are checkmarked. A password can be added if desired. Click OK when done.
- The Package for CD dialog box will reappear. Make sure a rewriteable CD is in the CD-RW drive and click Copy to CD.