Are Online Courses for Me?
While online courses provide flexiblity, they are not for everyone. Students considering an online course should review the information below. It is recommended students take CIS040, Introduction to Computers, before taking an online course.
- Assess Your Learning Style
- Other Self-Evaluation Resources
- Technical Requirements
- Steps to Registering for Online Courses
The Online Assessment System for Internet Students (OASIS) is an online readiness assessment designed for students either considering an online course or currently in an online course. OASIS evaluates student readiness and learning styles. This service is provided by Illinois Community Colleges Online (ILCCO) and is located at http://www.ilcco.net/oasis.
The following resources are from the Illinois Online Network. The links will open in a new window.
- Self Evaluation for Potential Online Students (Illinois Online Network)
- What Makes a Successful Online Student? (Illinois Online Network)
- Tips for Online Success (Illinois Online Network)
Students registering for ONLY online courses can follow these steps to register:
- Apply Online
- Email or call counseling services to register.
phone: (217) 234-5232
Note: Students who apply for admission to a Lake Land College certificate or degree program or who wish to register for an English (ENG) or math (MAT) course must meet Basic Assessment requirements prior to registration.