Online Course Tutorial
Internet Explorer 7 - Cache Settings
When Internet Explorer downloads a website a copy of the site is stored in what is called the Temporary Internet Files. Only a certain amount of space is allotted for this task. Once the Temporary Internet Files is full, download time will increase making the browser sluggish. The Temporary Internet Files can be emptied in Internet Explorer by completed the following steps.
Steps to Automatically Update Websites
This step will always load the fresh version of web site.
- In the Internet Options dialog box on the General Tab, click on the Settings.
- Make sure the radio button next to Automatically is selected.
- Click OK.
- On the menu bar go to Tools > Internet Options.
- The Internet Options dialog box will display. Select the General tab.
- Under Browsing history, click the Delete button.
- Next to Temporary Internet Files click Delete Files. The Delete Files dialog box will appear. Click Yes. This will clear the folder that holds the Temporary Internet files.