Online Course Tutorial
Creating a Message in Discussion Topics
- To create a new message click Discussions on course tools menu.
- Select the topic you wish to post a message.
- Click the Create Message button
- The Create Message pop-up window will appear. Type a subject line and message. Messages can be formatted by enabling the HTML Creator. To use the HTML Creator, click the HTML Creator button in upper right corner. Once clicked a small Java program with a Word like interface will load in the message box. If HTML Creator does not load correctly, check browser settings. Go to Blackboard Browser Tune-up page for troubleshooting tips.
- Once the message is created, there are four options:
- Post: Click post to the post the message to the discussion topic.
- Preview: Click to preview your message. The message will display in another window. There will be options for posting, editing, and printing the message. Select the desired option for the window to close.
- Cancel: Click to cancel creating the message.
- Save as Draft: Click to save a message but not post it.
Messages can be edited after they have been posted.
- To edit a message select the message you wish to edit.
- In the Message window click Edit Message.
- The message will display and can be edited. Click Post when done.