Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this April
The Lake Land College Office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of April. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Take pictures you’ll want to print out! All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-24003, will meet Tuesdays, April 2 through May 7, in Effingham at the Kluthe Center, room 201 from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-26088, will meet on Thursdays, April 4 through May 9, on the Lake Land College campus in Neal Hall, room 115 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. The course will cover topics including lighting, exposure, focusing, metering, white balance and more. The cost of the class at either location is $110.
• Too busy taking care of everyone but yourself? Health Retreat & Spa Day, CE-HLTH147-28574, will meet on Saturday, April 6 from 1 – 4 p.m., in Sullivan at the tranquil, two acre Coyote Cabins Retreat. Dr. Nancy Selvidge will educate on natural approaches to health that rejuvenate the body. The day will include a facial, a reflexology session and health consultations. The cost of the class is $45.
• Want to learn the basics of golf? Join Kelly Spaulding to learn the fundamentals of putting, chipping, pitching, and the long game. Golf for Beginners, CE-RECR107-28466, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 15 – April 25, at Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. The cost of the class is $30. Participants can bring their own clubs or they will be provided.
• Writing Your Life Story, CE-WRIT108-28501, will meet on Tuesday, April 16 from 9 -11 a.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $20. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you several styles for writing your memoirs. You choose the style that is right for you and your “slice of life.” Students should bring a pack of index cards.
• Crochet a Necklace & Bracelet, CE-ARTS169-28477, will meet Tuesday, April 16 from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $23. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you how to crochet a six strand necklace and four strand bracelet that will look like it is beaded! Ribbon and yarn are included. Students should bring an H, I or J crochet hook and scissors.
• Come let the Sweets show you how to move your Rumba up a notch with some great new moves. Rumba the Next Level, CE-RECR193-28255, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 2:10 – 3 p.m., in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. CE-RECR193-28264 will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 5:10 – 6 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of the class is $36.
• Want to learn one of the hottest new dances of today? Join Scott and Cheryl Sweet and be the envy of your friends. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28254, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12, from 1:10 – 2 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28263, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 4:10 – 5 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of either class is $36.
• Have a little experience in golf but want to learn the finer points of the game? Golf for Intermediates, CE-RECR170-28467, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 29 through May 9 from 5:30 – 7 p.m., at the Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course. The cost is $40. Instructor Kelly Spaulding will cover all areas of golf with you, making you a much more knowledgeable golfer.
• Learn the basics of beading by making two sets of bracelets and two sets of matching earrings. Beading Earrings & Bracelet, CE-ARTS180-28480, will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 9 – 11 a.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost of the course is $25. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will provide an assortment of beads, material for stretch bracelets with faux clasps and findings for both clip–on and pierced earrings are included. Please bring scissors.
• Crochet a Frilly Scarf that forms graceful swirls as it drapes around your neck. CE-ARTS211-28511 will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 1 – 3 p.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost is $23. A selection of colorful yarns will be provided by instructor Shirley Splittstoesser. Please bring a small steel crochet hook size US2, US3 or metric 2.25.
For More information, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs at 217-234-5219.
To register online using Visa/MC/Discover, go to www.lakelandcollege.edu/learn. Choose the location, and then find the course of your choice. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434. Phone registration is not available for courses with a CNC prefix. You will be sent a statement for payment. The Drop Date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Office: Bookstore - 12
Director of Communications and Creative Services
Office: Bookstore - 11
Office: Bookstore - 12
Assistant to the Director of Communications and Creative Services
Office: Bookstore - 12
Office: Bookstore - 12
Lake Land College closes successful federal grant project
Lake Land College expands Basic Nursing Assistant Program to Effingham
Lake Land College ranks well in national community college listing
Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this September
Lake Land College library to host presentation on K-12 learning standards
Lake Land College announces practical nursing site review forum
Lake Land College welcomes new admissions representatives
Lake Land College, Delta Dental offer free dental care for children 5 and under
Deadline for Lake Land College’s Belize trip fast approaching, informational meeting planned
Computer aided design students built and blast rockets at Lake Land College
Prospective students invited to Laker Visit Day
Lake Land College announces summer graduates
Lake Land College honors Glazebrook with Exemplary Trustee Award
Lake Land College’s Adult Ed enrolling for Mod II classes
Lake Land College to host Illinois Regional College Fair and Career Day
Lake Land College Community Choir begins rehearsals this month
Lake Land College receives Effingham County Chamber Member of the Month Award
Lake Land College Honors Program now open to all degree-seeking students
Lake Land College announces local Financial Aid Nights this fall
Lake Land College completes successful FY14 grant cycle
Lake Land College to host Mobile Veterans Center
Lake Land College plans area high school visits