Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this April
The Lake Land College Office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of April. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Take pictures you’ll want to print out! All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-24003, will meet Tuesdays, April 2 through May 7, in Effingham at the Kluthe Center, room 201 from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m., All About Digital Photography, CNC-019-26088, will meet on Thursdays, April 4 through May 9, on the Lake Land College campus in Neal Hall, room 115 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. The course will cover topics including lighting, exposure, focusing, metering, white balance and more. The cost of the class at either location is $110.
• Too busy taking care of everyone but yourself? Health Retreat & Spa Day, CE-HLTH147-28574, will meet on Saturday, April 6 from 1 – 4 p.m., in Sullivan at the tranquil, two acre Coyote Cabins Retreat. Dr. Nancy Selvidge will educate on natural approaches to health that rejuvenate the body. The day will include a facial, a reflexology session and health consultations. The cost of the class is $45.
• Want to learn the basics of golf? Join Kelly Spaulding to learn the fundamentals of putting, chipping, pitching, and the long game. Golf for Beginners, CE-RECR107-28466, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 15 – April 25, at Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. The cost of the class is $30. Participants can bring their own clubs or they will be provided.
• Writing Your Life Story, CE-WRIT108-28501, will meet on Tuesday, April 16 from 9 -11 a.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $20. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you several styles for writing your memoirs. You choose the style that is right for you and your “slice of life.” Students should bring a pack of index cards.
• Crochet a Necklace & Bracelet, CE-ARTS169-28477, will meet Tuesday, April 16 from 1 – 3 p.m., at the Life Span Center on Loxa Road in Mattoon. The cost of the class is $23. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will show you how to crochet a six strand necklace and four strand bracelet that will look like it is beaded! Ribbon and yarn are included. Students should bring an H, I or J crochet hook and scissors.
• Come let the Sweets show you how to move your Rumba up a notch with some great new moves. Rumba the Next Level, CE-RECR193-28255, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 2:10 – 3 p.m., in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. CE-RECR193-28264 will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 5:10 – 6 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of the class is $36.
• Want to learn one of the hottest new dances of today? Join Scott and Cheryl Sweet and be the envy of your friends. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28254, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12, from 1:10 – 2 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 81 on Lake Land College campus. West Coast Swing, CE-RECR181-28263, will meet on Sundays, April 21 – May 12 from 4:10 – 5 p.m., at Effingham St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital auditorium. The cost of either class is $36.
• Have a little experience in golf but want to learn the finer points of the game? Golf for Intermediates, CE-RECR170-28467, will meet on Mondays and Thursdays, April 29 through May 9 from 5:30 – 7 p.m., at the Mattoon Meadow View Golf Course. The cost is $40. Instructor Kelly Spaulding will cover all areas of golf with you, making you a much more knowledgeable golfer.
• Learn the basics of beading by making two sets of bracelets and two sets of matching earrings. Beading Earrings & Bracelet, CE-ARTS180-28480, will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 9 – 11 a.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost of the course is $25. Instructor Shirley Splittstoesser will provide an assortment of beads, material for stretch bracelets with faux clasps and findings for both clip–on and pierced earrings are included. Please bring scissors.
• Crochet a Frilly Scarf that forms graceful swirls as it drapes around your neck. CE-ARTS211-28511 will meet Tuesday, April 30 from 1 – 3 p.m., in Mattoon at the Workforce Development Center, room 105. The cost is $23. A selection of colorful yarns will be provided by instructor Shirley Splittstoesser. Please bring a small steel crochet hook size US2, US3 or metric 2.25.
For More information, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs at 217-234-5219.
To register online using Visa/MC/Discover, go to www.lakelandcollege.edu/learn. Choose the location, and then find the course of your choice. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434. Phone registration is not available for courses with a CNC prefix. You will be sent a statement for payment. The Drop Date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Lake Land College honors John Deere Tech graduates
Lake Land College cheerleaders hosting summer camps
Lake Land College welcomes more than 50 new nurses to the field at annual pinning
Lake Land College recognizes new dental hygienists at pinning ceremony
Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this June for youth
Lake Land College cheerleaders selling tickets for Thirty One products
Graduation 2013 photos online now!
Lake Land College Kluthe Center offers early bird speech class
Students build Lake Land College recycling center for class project
Lake Land College honors Trio students at Spring Recognition Banquet
Lake Land College announces full-time spring semester honors list
Lake Land College announces part-time spring semester honors list
Get more out from your scholarship with Lake Land College
Lake Land College Foundation awards first CDL scholarship
Lake Land College spring graduation list announced
Lake Land College offers Digital Photography for Kids