Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this April
March 24, 2014
The course details and information are as follows:
• Make two sets of bracelets and two sets of matching earrings. Join Shirley Splittstoesser from 1 – 3 p.m. April 7 in Charleston at the LifeSpan Center for Beading: Earrings and Bracelet, CE-ARTS180-31882. An assortment of beads and findings will be provided for stretch bracelets with faux claps and clip or pierced earrings. Bring beading tools if you have them, but loaner tools will be available. The cost is $25.
• Golf for Beginners, CE-RECR107 -31772 will be held at the Mattoon Golf and Country Club with instructor Kelly Spaulding, Mondays and Thursdays, April 21 – May 1 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Putting, chipping, pitching and the long game are covered. Bring your own clubs or they will be provided for you. The cost is $40.
• Learn the pros and cons of traditional publishing and all of the self publishing options, including the Amazon options of Kindle Publishing and Create Space. Learn how to find the best publisher for your manuscript. Self vs. Traditional Publishing, CE-WRIT111-3213 will meet with instructor LeeAnne Krusemark on April 24 from 2 – 3 p.m. in Effingham at the Kluthe Center in room 219. The cost is $37.
• If your goal is to become a published, freelance writer by selling a magazine article, short story, poem or novel to a traditional publisher, this comprehensive class will guide you to do just that, then past the editor’s desk. Discover the correct way to submit a manuscript, find the right publisher for your work, write irresistible query letters and 100 ways to make money as a freelance writer. Getting Published Beginner’s Guide, taught by successful published writer, LeeAnne Krusemark, is a must! CE-WRIT102-32128 will meet from 3 – 5 p.m. April 24 in Effingham at the Kluthe Center in room 219. The cost is $64.50
• Meet the Publisher: Get your Manuscripts Critiqued. Bring your in-progress manuscript for an in-class critique of one page of your poetry, article, short story, novel, non-fiction book, or children’s book by LeeAnne Krusemark, an adjunct online professor of publishing for Harvard and owner of a small publishing house. Optional: for additional fee leave a COPY of your manuscript for a professional critique, ($50 for up to 25 double-spaced pages + $1/page thereafter) and a list of publishers and/ or agents who are interested in your type of work. CE-WRIT110-32130 will meet April 24 from 5 – 6 p.m. in Effingham at the Kluthe Center in room 219. The cost is $37.
• Does the clutter in your house cause you stress? Is the clutter a cause for conflict with other family members? Do you want less clutter but you are too overwhelmed to begin? Many of us struggle to keep up with the clutter in our lives. Come let Cheri Burchum show you ways to organize your life in order to de-clutter and de-stress. CE-HOME163-31759 will meet from 6 – 8:30 p.m. on April 23 in Webb Hall room 105. The cost is $10.
• Gary Swearingen will discuss the history of stock market declines in Weathering Market Volatility. Learn how to respond to volatility and to assess your current situation. You will discover your investment personality and better your understanding of asset allocation. CE-FIN$148-31766 will meet April 2 – 16 from 6-7 p.m. in Webb Hall, room 107. The cost is $25.
• Experienced Lincolnland Hospice staff will cover all aspects of being a volunteer for the terminally ill. Discover the physical, emotional, psychosocial and spiritual end-of-life care issues. This training class is to become a Lincolnland Hospice volunteer. Ages 18 and over only please. There will be a break for lunch. CE-ENRC108-31942 will meet Apr. 11 from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. in Effingham at the Kluthe Center in room 120.
To register online using a VISA/MC/Discover, go to www.lakeland.cc.il.us/learn choose the course number desired. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records (217)-234-5434. You will be sent a statement for payment. The drop date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.
Send this article to a friend