Lake Land College offers a variety of community courses this May
The Lake Land College Office of Community and Professional Programs will offer several community courses throughout the month of May. Find a new hobby, brush up on a skill and have some fun with Lake Land College!
The course details and information are as follows:
• Do you have some experience in golf but would like to learn some of the finer aspects of the sport? Join Kelly Spaulding at the Mattoon Golf and Country Club on Mondays and Thursdays, April 29, May 2, 6 and 9 from 5:30 – 7 p.m. All areas of golf will be covered in class CE-RECR170-28467, making you a much more knowledgeable golfer. Bring your clubs or they will be provided for you. The cost of the class will be $40.
• Do you suffer from Celiac disease, gluten intolerance, wheat allergy or do you just want to be wheat-free? Then this class is for you. Let instructor Maureen Bruns show you how to make wonderful breads and desserts that will leave you satisfied. Get some new ideas and tips with some heartfelt encouragement. Gluten-Free Breads and Sweets, CE-HLTH145-29926 meets on Thursday, May 2 from 6 -8 p.m. on Lake Land College campus in the West Building, room 119. The cost will be $25.
• Have you heard the buzz about Facebook but aren’t sure what it is? Come to this Introduction to Facebook class. Instructor Wrobria Roberts will show you how to create a Facebook page, find long-lost friends, and stay in touch with family. Class number CNC-030-30196 will meet Monday and Wednesday, May 6 and 8 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Charleston LifeSpan Center on Loxa Road. The cost of the class is $60 and includes a flash drive to save your work.
• Would you like to learn how to make your own jewelry? Wire Wrapped Pendants, CE-ARTS184-28482, will meet on Wednesday, May 8 from 9 – 11 a.m. at the Charleston Life Span Center on Loxa Road. The class will be taught by Shirley Splittstoesser. Learn the art of wire wrapping. You will have two wire wrapped pendants to take home with you. The cost of the class is $25 and includes the wire and a selection of pendants, chain not included. If you have a suitable stone you would like to wire wrap feel free to bring it.
• Use an empty wine bottle to turn the mundane in to a masterpiece. Lighted Wine Bottles, CE-ARTS210-28510, will meet on Wednesday, May 8 from 1 – 3 p.m.at the Charleston Life Span Center on Loxa Road. Shirley Splittstoesser will show you how to turn that wine bottle into a unique lighted center piece, without cutting the bottle. The cost of the class is $25 and includes all decorating materials and the lights; you just provide the wine bottle.
• Use your body’s energy to heal yourself! Energy Therapy Lecture and Demo, CE-HLTH129-28388, will meet on Tuesday, May 7 from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. in Effingham at the Kluthe Center in room 225. The class will be taught by Karen Ethridge. The cost of the class is $30.
For more information, contact the Office of Community and Professional Programs at 217-234-5219.
To register online using a VISA/MC/Discover, go to www.lakelandcollege.edu/learn. Choose the location, and then find the course of your choice. To register by phone, call Admissions and Records at 217-234-5434. Phone registration is not available for courses with a CNC prefix. You will be sent a statement for payment. The drop date for a refund is five business days prior to the start of the class.Send this article to a friend
Winter Driving Conditions
Area Events & ActivitiesMattoon Chamber of Commerce Events
City of Mattoon
Effingham Visitors Bureau
Area Movie Listings & Showtimes