CDL classes offered in Marshall through Lake Land College
The Commercial Driver Training program at Lake Land College is offering a unique educational opportunity for the eastern portion of the Lake Land College district and Indiana residents – commercial driver’s training in Marshall, Ill.
This four-week, 160-hour program focuses on properly handling semi-tractor trailers in a variety of settings. Students will practice on state-of-the-art training equipment including a semi-trailer simulator before they go behind the wheel and will train in various traffic environments, gaining experience in real-world driving conditions.
“There are more jobs in professional driving right now than ever before,” said Gary Finch, program coordinator. “This program offers men and women the opportunity for a reliable, accelerated training program so that they can enter the work force, pursuing a steady, well-paying career. With the option of training in Marshall, this will also give a lot more folks access to the program.”
For qualifying students, financial aid opportunities are available for those interested in the Commercial Driver Training program. Additionally, payment and financing options are available through Lake Land College’s FACTS payment plan.
Admission requirements are as follows:
• Applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age. Those seeking interstate employment must be twenty-one (21) years of age;
• Applicants must possess a valid Illinois/Indiana driver’s license;
• Applicants must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen before attending training;
• Applicants must be able to read, write, and speak the English language sufficiently to interpret highway traffic signs, make legible entries on reports and records, and respond to official inquiries from law enforcement personnel; and
• Based on driving history, a student may be required to obtain a recent motor vehicle report from the Secretary of State Driver Licensing facility.
For further information or to enroll today, contact Finch at (217) 238-8239 or email@example.com
Send this article to a friend