[view a printable format]
Requirements for Mentoring Partners
In order to be in a successful partnership, mentoring partners should commit to the following:
- Discuss the opportunity with your supervisor.
- Mentor - Be employed full-time at Lake Land for a minimum of two years.
- Commit time and positive energy to help a colleague. Please note - mentors cannot have evaluative responsibilities for your mentee.
- Share responsibility and be active for establishing a relationship and meeting regularly (informally or formally).
- Attend the Mentoring training.
- Collaboratively discuss the Mentoring Partners' Common Goals with your partner and write down specific expectations for this relationship. Make sure each partner has a copy of this agreement. Please note - mentoring activities should meet the needs of the person being mentored and not be supervisory. Renegotiate expectations as needs change or become more apparent.
- Upon completion of the mentoring period, complete the evaluation forms and submit them to the Center for Technology and Professional Development (CTPD).