“For this generation, the number one predictor of postsecondary success, particularly in college is not grades, but rather having a goal and the commitment that comes from career maturity and career direction” Dr. Kenneth Gray Pennsylvania State University
Counselors’ Role in the Partnerships for College and Career Success Initiative………………….
- Help students select a career pathway that fits their interests and abilities
- Direct students to the Programs of Study. This helps the student understand the pathway and take responsibility.
- Emphasize the advantages of the program including:
- A clear pathway with an individual career plan
- Preferred admission in some competitive programs
- Earning college credits while in high school saves both time and money
- Students get real world working experiences and the academic foundation they need to succeed in college.
- Exposure to high-paying careers through job shadowing and internships
- Flexibility to explore various options for careers
- Work with instructional staff to provide career exploration activities
http://www.acrnetwork.org/counselors/clusters/default.aspx (How Education Pays)
http://www.khake.com/page2.html (Vocational Information Center)
To find out more about Partnerships for College and Career Success, contact your school counselor or contact the Lake Land College Partnerships for College and Career Success office at email@example.com or 217-234-5372