- All classes begin at 8 a.m. on the first day. The instructor will notify students of start time on all subsequent days.
- Students are required to present photo identification on the first day of class and prior to taking the written and physical exams.
- It is recommended; but not mandatory, you bring a laptop for the Portland Cement Concrete Level III Course to go through the mix design program. If bringing a laptop, please download the most current mix design program, prior to class, at the website below:
- Click on "References" tab
- Click on "Guides/Spreadsheets"
- Click "PCC Mix Design (V2.4)" spreadsheet to download
- All registrations for the Portland Cement Concrete Level I Course will be made through Lake Land College. This course will be offered only for students needing ACI certification and IDOT certification. ACI recertification and ACI retests must be scheduled through Universal Construction Testing by calling 1-855-560-CERT. IDOT retests must be scheduled through Lake Land College. Students who posses a current ACI card and wish to get their IDOT certification need to register through Lake Land College for CET 035, PCC Level I - IDOT only.
- Training classes are held at the locations listed below, however, all reservations must be made through Kathy Willenborg at (217) 234-5285.
Lake Land College - West Bldg, 5001 Lake Land Blvd, Mattoon, IL
Chicago Testing Laboratory, 18000 S. Williams St., Thornton, IL
Chicago Testing Laboratory, 30 W 114 Butterfield Road, Warrenville, IL
IDOT District One - Materials Laboratory, 101 W. Center, Schaumburg, IL
|61 Garlisch Dr., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007|
|NOTE: Not all classes are available at all locations. Please see schedule for dates and locations
- Courses that involve a lab will have a weight limit minimum restriction of 50 lbs or a doctor’s excuse must be given to the instructor prior to the course.
- To be PCC Level II certified, three (3) classes must be passed:
Until all three classes are passed, your PCC Level II certificate will be held by Lake Land College. However, the classes do not need to be taken in any particular order.
- Aggregates – either Mixture Aggregates Technician or Aggregate Technician
- PCC I/IDOT/ACI
- PCC Level II
- To be PCC Level I certified, both IDOT and ACI, in its entirety, must be passed.
- Mixture Aggregate Technician Upgrade course is offered for those students who are Mixture Aggregate Technician certified and want to become Aggregate Technician certified. It will be a 2-Day course (CET 027).
Reservations must be made by contacting Kathy Willenborg at:
Lake Land College
5001 Lake Land Blvd.
Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
Phone: (217) 234-5285
Reservations cannot be made online, via email, or by fax