In 1978 Lake Land College began its honors program. The purpose of the program is to provide enriched learning opportunities for outstanding students through honors courses and the opportunity to participate in independent study for honors credit in specialized areas of interest.
In addition to honors courses and honors independent studies the honors program offers opportunities to:
- Compete for special scholarship money and awards.
- Be recognized by the National Deans List, All American Scholars and Who’s Who in American Junior Colleges.
- Earn honors designation on their transcripts for each honors course or honors independent study successfully completed.
- Participate in educational field trips, honors conferences and special social activities.
- Attend the bi-annual honors luncheons.
- Earn honors recognition at the commencement ceremony.
- Receive letters of recommendation from honors faculty and the director.
- Earn honors designation on the transcript for successful completion of the honors program.