Lake Land College

College Links:

Transfer to Other Colleges or Universities Lake Land College

Academic Standards and Regulations

Back to Academic Standards

Transfer to Other Colleges or Universities

Students intending to transfer to other colleges or universities are encouraged to plan their programs with a counselor to ensure compatible course selection.

The General Education Compact Agreement provides that any student who earns an associate degree in a baccalaureate-oriented program [Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degree] at Lake Land College shall enter the following senior colleges and universities with a junior standing, having fulfilled all lower division general education requirements of the senior institution:

  • Chicago State University
  • Eastern Illinois University
  • Governors State University
  • Illinois State University
  • Northeastern Illinois University
  • Northern Illinois University
  • University of Illinois – Springfield
  • Southern Illinois University – Carbondale and Edwardsville
  • Western Illinois University

Students who opt not to complete the A.A. or A.S. degree are advised to complete the Illinois Articulation Initiative General Education Core Curriculum. This option assures students that when they transfer to a senior institution they will have met all lower division general education requirements.

Students transferring without completing the Associate in Arts or Associate in Science degree and who have not completed the General Education Core Curriculum will have their transfer credits evaluated on a course by course basis. Also, these students will be required to meet the general education requirements of the institution to which they transfer.



Canvas Login - Online Classroom
Career Services
Class Notifications and Updates
Community Learning
Employment Opportunities
Foundation - Make a Gift
Freedom of Information Act
Lake Land College Email
Police Department
Request More Information
Sustainability at LLC
5001 Lake Land Blvd.
Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
Facebook Twitter You Tube

Supporting our Veterans