to Lake Land College! We are delighted you have chosen to start your college career with the Dual Credit Program. We know that the transition from high school to college, while very exciting, is also challenging. As you begin this transition, you will certainly have many questions. This site will help to answer those questions and is a great resource of our program’s policies and procedures. We hope that you enjoy your experience with the Lake Land College Dual Credit Program and offer our very best for a successful start to your college education!
Why should you enroll in the Dual Credit Program?
The benefits of enrollment in the Dual Credit Program are endless! But let’s list just a few…
- Save thousands of dollars in education expenses,
- Enter college as a sophomore,
- Challenge yourself,
- Explore a variety of classes,
- Build confidence to be successful in college,
- Register earlier than your peers at Lake Land College,
- Shorten the time required to earn a degree or certificate, and
- Did we mention the potential to save thousands of dollars in education expenses?
Am I eligible for enrollment in the Dual Credit Program
To be accepted for enrollment in college-level courses, you must have appropriate academic qualifications, a high level of motivation, and adequate time to devote to studying a college-level course.
Qualifications. In order to enroll in the Dual Credit program, you must:
- Be a junior or senior in high school,
- Have permission from your high school, and
- Have a high school GPA of “C” or better
How do I enroll in the program?
If you are interested in enrolling in the Dual Credit Program, start by contacting the dual credit coordinator at your high school. You will need to complete a Dual Credit Intent to Enroll form that is available at your local high school. This is similar to an application. Depending on the courses you plan to take, you may have to take a placement test or submit ACT scores.